“A Defense Attorney With an Extensive Legal Background”
Rustam A. Barbee
Member Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Phone: (808) 524-4406
Fax: (808) 524-4306
Rustam A. Barbee, (“Rus”), practices law in Hawaii and Federal courts from his office located at Century Square in Honolulu.
Attorney Barbee attended the University of Wisconsin law school and obtained his Juris Doctorate degree in 1984. From 1984 to 1989 Attorney Barbee was a prosecuting attorney for the Wisconsin Attorney General’s office, specializing in white collar offenses such as securities fraud, Medicaid fraud, embezzlement, and racketeering. Attorney Barbee also handled violent crime offenses including murder cases.
From 1989 to 1997, Attorney Barbee was an Assistant Federal Public Defender for the districts of Hawaii and Guam. At the public defender’s office, he handled a wide variety of defense cases from DUI and traffic matters to drug, conspiracy, and murder cases as well as white collar cases.
Since August, 1997, Attorney Barbee has been active in private practice and is available to provide legal representation to clients in Hawaii and Federal Courts. Some cases require employing experts such as investigators, accountants, medical doctors, or other forensic experts to assist in the case.
Attorney Barbee’s primary practice includes criminal defense, and forfeiture cases. Attorney Barbee has been admitted to practice law in the following jurisdictions:
- State of Hawaii
- State of Wisconsin
- US District Court District of Hawaii
- US Court of Appeals for Ninth and Seventh Federal Circuits
- US Supreme Court
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Traffic Violations
- Criminal Defense
- U.S. District Court District of Hawaii
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, WisconsinJ.D. – 1984
Past Employment Positions
- Wisconsin Attorney General’s Office, Prosecuting Attorney, 1984 – 1989
- Districts of Hawaii and Guam, Assistant Federal Public Defender, 1989 – 1997